Pacific American School, a K-12 college preparatory American school, invites applications for the positions available in 2019-2021.
- Guidance Counselor & Psychology instructor — certified teacher with a master’s degree or above, certified, and has at least 3 to 5 years of coaching and teaching experience in educational psychology, and Guidance Counseling. Specialized knowledge in student guidance counseling (behavioral) is a must and experience at international schools is preferred. Teaching experience with HS Psychology, AP Psychology, Cognitive Science and mental health is favored. Applicants with Chinese ethnic background and western education training are preferred. Applicants prefer to be a bilingual from a Chinese culture family or background, and is fluent in English.
- Guidance Counselor — has a master’s degree in psychology, educational psychology, counseling, special education, certified, and has at least 3 to 5 years of guidance counseling experience. Specialized knowledge in student guidance counseling (behavioral) is a must and experience at Asia international schools is preferred. Familiar with the Taiwan regulation on child protection, child abuse, and the reporting procedures and system. Able to set up school guidance system experience is a plus. Applicants prefer to be a bilingual from a Chinese culture family or background and western education training, and are fluent in English with a long term plan to stay in Taiwan.
- Secondary School Social Studies Instructors — certified teacher with a master’s degree or above, has at least 2 years of secondary school teaching experience in Social Studies, History, Psychology, Guidance and Counseling. Applicants with MUN experience are preferred. Applicants with AP Social Studies/History and AP exams experience are preferred. Teaching experience with AP US History, US History, AP World History, AP Psychology, AP Economics, AP US Government and Comparative Government is favored.
- Secondary School Chemistry and Math Instructors— certified teacher with a master’s degree or above, has at least 2 years of secondary school teaching experience in Chemistry/ AP Chemistry/ General science/ Math. Experience with SAT and SAT Math subject tests are preferred.
Desired qualifications for Instructional Positions include:
- National/State Certification (not ESL certification exclusively)
- Has an advanced degree is a plus to the elementary school teachers but a requirement for the secondary school teachers.
- Has at least 2 years of teaching experience at a school/international school with an American curriculum
- Has experience project-based learning (PBL) integrated instruction
- Has implemented technology instruction and G-Suite applications
- Has worked with an American curriculum, standards and benchmarks, and develop unit plans
- English is the native language
- Has other extracurricular specialty and is able to help with school clubs/ after school activities
- Has the ability to collaborate with others in professional development and accreditation processes
- Is positive, enthusiastic, flexible
Competitive teacher salary and benefit package. If interested, please submit resumes, references, photo to: Ms. Pamela Chu, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jane Wang, the Human Resources Head, at email@example.com by May 10, 2019.
Candidates will be contacted for an interview (in person or via the Skype) and asked to finish a questionnaire. If necessary a 20-30-minute demonstration lesson in a content area may be requested.
For more information on PAS, please visit our website: www.pacificamerican.org
Stay up to date on Pacific American School’s important events. Download the updated calendar here!
Be one of us!
To start the application process for our schools, please apply online HERE. As soon as we receive the application, our admissions officer will be in touch.
Follow us on our social media platforms, and never miss out on any school fun! For more information, check out our Instagram, Facebook and Youtube channel!