Pacific American School, a 1-12 college preparatory American school in Hsinchu, Taiwan, invites applications available for positions in 2017-2019.
- Full Time Standardized Test Instructor— has a bachelor’s degree or above. Full-time classroom teaching experience including SAT, TOEFL and IELTS at the high school level, with high student achievement results is strongly preferred. Applicants familiar with SAT, TOEFL and IELTS preparation and college entrance exams are preferred. Has strong content area knowledge of the SAT exam and testing strategies.
- Kindergarten/Pre-K/Toddler Homeroom Instructors—with experience and certification in early childhood education. All-subject homeroom experience is required. Applicants familiar with Chinese/Asian culture are preferred. Pleasant personality, patience and tolerance are a must.
- Kindergarten Head — has a bachelor’s degree or above, certified, and has at least 2 years of experience in administration and 5 years of experience in teaching early childhood education. All-subject homeroom experience and curriculum planning is required. Applicants familiar with Chinese/Asian culture are preferred. All-subject homeroom experience is required. Pleasant personality, patience and tolerance are a must. Familiar with child development research and learning pedagogy is favored.
- Computer Instructor — has to teach computer (office, applications, and programming) to grade 1 -12 students. Need to support school’s e-network and website maintenance. Is Familiar with application such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Flash, C programming/Java Programming, digital photography, video and motion graphics, and website design.
- Fashion Design Instructor — has to teach Art and is certified in fashion design, able to write art lesson plans and unit plans. With specialized knowledge and experience in stage art, fashion design and fabrication is a must.
Desired qualifications for Instructional Positions include:
- National/State Certification (not ESL certification exclusively)
- Advanced degree is a plus to the elementary school teachers but a requirement for the secondary school teachers.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience at a school/international school with American curriculum
- Has project based learning experience into your teaching.
- Has technology teaching experience or has technology concept to incorporate technology skills and experience into your teaching, and can provide the related project example.
- Familiar with American curriculum, standards and benchmarks and is capable of working on American-standard lesson plans and unit plans.
- English is the native language
- Has other extracurricular specialty and is able to help with school clubs/ after school activities
- Ability to collaborate with others in professional development and accreditation processes
- Positive, enthusiastic, flexible
Competitive teacher salary and benefit package. If interested, please submit resumes, references and photo to: Ms. Pamela Chu, Head of School, at email@example.com, and Jane Wang, the Human Resources Head, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2017.
Candidates will be contacted for an interview (in person or via the Skype) and asked to finish a questionnaire. If necessary a 20-30-minute demonstration lesson in a content area may be requested.
For more information on PAS, please visit our website: www.pacificamerican.org